Tuesday, May 4, 2010

living under a big rock


wow, wow, wow! am i the only one who didn't already know about this great blog called a perfect gray? i always feel like i'm living under a rock when i find these wonderful blogs.

i just found this blog (or she found mine first) and just recieved that shot of new inspiration that i desperately needed. you know it is good when you look through all the old post...get to then end...and want more. now i will go back and read them, since my visual stimulation has been satiated. a perfect gray has a very fine tuned perspective and it took no time for me to drink her cool aide. check it out when you get a moment.

both images from her blog.

top image from peppermint bliss. i love this image for the whimsy of the striped curtain, to the formal-primitive feel of the shutters and then there is the contrast of the mid-century chair with the pop of chartreuse in the pillow.

bottom image from bohemian shoebox. this image evokes the artist in us all. we all need a room like this where we can hang inspiration, pile the books and have the option of a romantic fire when in the mood to create.

5 comments:

A Perfect Gray said...

thanks so much...what a blast to pull up your post and read THAT! you know you are one of my favs, so this means a lot....

I'm a big fan of your style and I look forward to following along...

Thanks again....donna

Laura said...

AMAZING website! Thank you for letting us know...

24 Corners said...

A Perfect Gray is also a recent, new and wonderful discovery for me also...and there are still posts I haven't seen yet...much to look forward to!

kayce hughes said...

I didn't know either. Thanks for the heads up!

Leigha said...

I love Donna at A Perfect Gray!
P.S. Yes, I am still sifting through your archives. :)