Wednesday, March 17, 2010

take me back

been loving this group for a few years now. they totally take me back to the 80's and i really don't think that is such a bad thing.

i know, i know.....posting music video's isn't my usual, but they put a spell on me....they make me want to smile AND she is so adorable.

this is the title song "the spell" on their current album, check em out...alphabeat.


Laura said...

80s? Okay, but no big hair, please!....and the BIG button earrings - oh, my!

Jessica said...

The tamborine guy looks so like the young Anthony Michael Hall when he was in all those 80's movies.

Happy song!

MikeInNy said...

I enjoy your blog so much! It's a part of my daily blog check. I love your sense of style. Muy fantastico!

I saw that you posted this clip of Alphabeat a while back and thought I'd pass along the site where I learned about them. It's a Swedish music blog ( and he posts lots of fun, poppy emo music.

Some fun songs to check out if you have the time:

Cary Brothers - "Ride (Tiƫsto Rmx)"
Alphabeat - "Hole In My Heart (The Sound Of Arrows Remix)"
Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros - "Home"
Duck Sauce - "Anyway" (I discovered this thanks to Decorno's post from "How to Make it in America") and also Yacht's - "Psychic City (Classixx Remix)"
Miami Horror - "Sometimes"
Monarchy - "The Phoenix Alive (Demo)"

Anyway, that's kind of crazy sampling and you could spend hours on Tracasseur's blog. Keep up the great work, Brockster!

brock street said...

hey mikeinny- thanks for the recommends on music.
thanks for following the blog and taking a moment to check it out. i am always so flattered when someone makes a comment on my blog.
you all keep me blogging.

MikeInNY said...

Okay, so it's spring-time (almost) and the weather has been so incredible during the last couple of weeks in NY. Normally, I wouldn't keep throwing music out there (since it's so personal) but check out this toe-tapping little number...just perfect for putting all of the windows down in the car, grabbing the dog/bf/friends and heading to the beach!