Friday, March 19, 2010

$4 fix

last sunday i ran into safeway to see if they had any white carnations and they were plum out. BUT the sales lady was hard selling me the saint patrick's day fluorescent green with gold glitter. tempting, but not in the green mood. hee.

she did end up convincing me to buy the multi colored bunch for $3.99 and she sealed the deal when she told me her register was open and i didn't have to stand in line.

as some of you know, my grandma's favorite flowers were sweet pea's and carnations, oh..and home grown roses. well, since she passed i tend to navigate toward the carnations once in a while and i just like to cut them short and put them in small vessels. these are sitting in a muji measuring cup..and do the trick for a quick, cheap pick me up.

5 comments:

shana said...

plus, they smell lovely. nothing is better than sense memory.

Sonya McCllough Lockridge said...

You call em a fix, I call em Lifts....cause they lift u up

red ticking said...

love our grams... simply the best... and all of those precious memories..

Unknown said...

nothing like fresh flowers and sweet memories of you gramdma, lovely picture. susan

EMILY said...

Carnations are underappreciated, aren't they? I don't understand why. They look like tie-dyed lace and cake frosting; what's not to love about that combination?

Good for you! x